Due to precautions related to COVID-19, we have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a full phone consultation or video conference is appropriate for your situation.

The Experience And Care You Need For Personal Injury And Family Law Matters

We Help Clients Petition For And Defend Against Modifications

Over time, circumstances change. Your children may take on new after-school activities. You may have lost your job or taken a new job with a new schedule.

When there has been a change in circumstances, it may be possible to modify an existing court order. At Todd & Dossett, P.C., we help clients with post-divorce modifications in eastern Tennessee. Attorney Stephen Todd has more than 40 years’ experience handling divorce, custody, support and other family law issues. He can provide you with the advice and representation you need.

Modifying Spousal Support, Child Custody Or Child Support

In order to change an existing court order – whether it is for alimony, child support or custody – you must show a substantial or material change in circumstances. This may include situations such as:

  • Parental relocation to a new state or jurisdiction
  • Unemployment or a sudden change in income
  • Remarriage
  • Changes to work or school schedules
  • Special needs of the child for extracurricular activities or health care

We can help you determine if you are eligible to change your existing court order and petition the court for a modification. Mr. Todd is experienced at handling modifications and helping families change court orders to meet their needs now and into the future.

Learn More About Modifying Existing Orders

If there has been a substantial change in circumstances and you need help modifying a court order, our lawyers can help. To arrange a consultation to discuss your options, contact us online or call us toll free at 866-936-9863.